Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

I am starting to get excited about Christmas. I love the sights and smells and the Savior, but for me, the giving of gifts to celebrate God's gift is what I really truly love. I have always loved making and giving gifts. Gift giving is my "love language" (find your love language here). I have so much fun deciding on the perfect gift for someone and have so many ideas traipsing around in my head. I wish I could spend unlimited amounts of cash on gifts for those I care about, but... unfortunately can't. I am able to buy some craft supplies, and ummm, well, I seem to have a few on hand *blush* Now is the time of year that I am delighted to have a fabric stash, a paper and embellishment stash, a yarn stash and a knitting needle/crochet hook stash! And I have limited myself to 3 types of craft stashes since our house is not that large. I can only imagine what I would own if I had kept supplies from all of my different crafty phases. Let's see, there's basket weaving, jewelry making, painting, and on and on. I am so glad that Christmas is coming and I can use up some of my supplies!

I have been working on a few things for a couple of swaps that I am doing, so I can't show them here, lest a dear reader or two get a spoiled surprise :) I know that some of the family may be out there lurking too, although I haven't seen any comments :( So I dare not post what I am making for them! One thing I am making is a cute star ornament that I learned to make from a fellow classmate at Big Picture Scrapbooking's Giving Well Class. It is interesting to fold and unfold, but once you do it a time or two, it's easy. Several people will be getting these, but I will keep them a surprise for now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails