Monday, June 1, 2009

my first larger project



So I have started my first large knitting project: a throw. I love the yarn (lion brand cotton ease) and am having fun. Purling is getting easier :) and I am liking it more! I used a dishcloth pattern with a few modifications to make it in stockinette stitch instead of garter stitch. Because of that, I had to modify the border as well :) I am also making it huge to be a throw. There is a similar blanket here that uses a knit front and back increase, where I used a yarn over increase. I like the way it is coming along and love the feel of the finished product :)


1 comment:

Margaret said...

It looks great. I have tried my hand at knitting, but I get bored before I get done. I have tried a scarf before. It is still unfinished.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails